HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENT FOR J.S.S ONE (C R S)
QUESTION: DRAW THE FAMILY TREE OF JESUS BEGINNING FROM ABRAM TO JESUS. CHECK THE
INTERNET AND DRAW IT IN A WHITE CARD BOARD.
MATHEMATICS HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENT FOR JSS3
1a. A triangle has a base of length 8cm and an area of less than 12. What can be said about the height.
- Tayo buy x novels at N300.00 each and (x+2) novels at N400.00 each. She spends less than N500.00 altogether, find the possible values of x.
- State the range of values of x for which the inequality 0 is true and show the inequality on a number line.
- Define an acute angle denoted by x using inequality.
2a. If a die is tossed, what is the probability of getting (i)an even number (ii) an odd number
- In two tosses of a fair die, what is the probability that the number 4 turns up at least once.
- The probability the Kunle will be alive in 5 years’ time is and the probability that his wife Shayo will be alive in 5 years’ time is . Find the probability that in 5 years’ time (i) both of them will be alive (ii) only Kunle will be alive.
- Two cards are drawn one after the other with replacement from a well shuffled deck of cards. What is the probability that the two cards are both kings.
- Three fair coins are tossed together once. Find the probability of getting (i)at least one head (ii)at most one tail (iii)exactly 3 heads.
- A fair coin is tossed twice. Find the probability that (i) two heads appear (ii) two tails appear (iii) at least one head appears
- In two tosses of a fair die, what is the probability that (i)sum of the two numbers that show up is 7 (ii)sum of the two numbers that show up is even (iii) sum of the two numbers that show up is greater than 9.
- Write down the formulae for calculating each of the following;(i) Total surface area of a cylinder (ii) volume of a cylinder (iii)curved surface area of a cone (iv)Slant height of a cone of base radius r and vertical height h (v) total surface area of a cuboid and cube (vi)volume of a cone (vii)volume of a cuboid and cube (viii)area of a rhombus
- If a man sells an article for N8.25 he makes a profit of 10%. (a) find the cost price(b)At what price must he sell the same article in order to increase his profit to 40%
- From a water tank 65% of the content are drained away and this is 88litres more than the quantity left in the tank, how much did the tank hold originally
- Share N253.00 among A, Band C so that B has half as much more as A and C has twice as much more as B
- In a sale, all prices are reduced by 20k in the naira, if an article was reduced by N4.75k, what was the original price.